Antigua is one of the 2 major islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda. Ringed with coral reefs, the island is known for its many sandy beaches. Set along English Harbour, restored Nelson’s Dockyard, which Admiral Horatio Nelson made his base in the 1780s, includes a marina and the Dockyard Museum. Trails lead up to Shirley Heights, a former military lookout with panoramic views.
What you Do?
- Hug a Stingray
- Fly through the Jungle like Tarzan
- Get a Birds-Eye View from Shirley Heights
- Find a Sweet Spot at Betty’s Hope
- Get Daring on Devil’s Bridge
- Spot Sailing Yachts at Nelson’s Dockyard
- Hike to Fort Berkeley
- Refuel at an Island Beach Bar
- Take a Lobster Lunch Cruise
- Hike to the Pillars of Hercules